It made me think of how someone like Barbara could come on board from “nowhere” and make such a huge impact. And I realized again (as I was preaching the message this morning” ) …… real church is not about a building (and England does have amazing cathedrals) it is always about people. Barbara knew this and made a diffence because she cared and went into action. So this is just a short tribute …… (while she is alive and healthy) to understand just a little bit of what she has accomplished.
- first school (now housing 280 kids) was started up financially by Barbara;
- helped to fund our second school with 80 pre-primary kids;
- Our current house we have built was sponsored by Barbara;
- She has adopted some kids in the bush and helped them;
- She currently helps the womens ministry;
- and donated funding for our orphans on the mission base;
- and many other things that left us breathless;
- and MOST IMPORTANT of all – being church herself, she introduced her great family to us!